- Pixel resolution: 1392 x 1040 pixels
- Spatial resolution (min.): 19 to 26* lp/mm
- Dynamic range: 12 bit
- Effective pixel size: 10.3 μm
- Equivalent background input: 0.25 μlx
* 19 lp/mm for GaAs and GaAsP photocathodes. 26 lp/mm for S20 and S25 photocathodes.
- Lifetime resolution: < 100 ps
- Lifetime range: 0.1 ns - 1 ms
- Framerate (max.): 2 lifetime images per second
The LIFA system consists of threemain components:
LIFA: the signal generator that synchronizes the lightsource and the camera
TRiCAM: an intensified CCD camera that records the lifetime images
All LIFA components (green) and the microscope hardware are shown in the illustration on the left.